Saturday 12 July 2008

Weekly Quote 18

As you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me - (Mt 25:40)
I DISPENSE LOVE



The path of Truth cannot be trodden in the mind and heart only. It is simultaneously a physical path. God is not divided into seen and unseen. Love is not just thoughts and feelings, it is also actions. In God we are all bound in Oneness wherein we cannot escape the consequences of our sentiments and behaviour. If I think badly of you, if I harm you or withhold my help from you, I malign, harm or deprive myself. This is basic to Truth, not mere etiquette.

This does not mean knee-jerk charity. Firstly it means sincere acknowledgement of the person or situation; it means directing our understanding towards them, deciding what would best help the other person to help themselves, what action we can sustain. How, like the Samaritan in the Master's story, we can help move them from a position of acute distress to a situation with better potential for recovery.

Truth students live firmly in this world. We are God's stewards, His hands here and now.
The Path of Truth Vol. 50, No. 4 page 230.

No comments: