Saturday 8 August 2009

Weekly Quote 67 - with commentary from the School of Truth

Whatever is born of God overcomes the world - (1 Jn 5:3)
What I leave to God He overcomes

Seemingly from nowhere problems arrive at our doorstep, and our first impulse is to do everything humanly possible to resolve them. The fruit of this response, as it becomes a habit, is bitterness in us - the fearful bitterness of failure mixed with the cynical bitterness of success.

But there is another response - the one of Divine ignorance: "I don't know the answer. I leave it to the guidance and resolution of God within me. I know only that in Him is it overcome."

The greatest blessing of leaving it to God, apart from the demonstration of His good, is the understanding that grows in us. We come to see life not an end in itself but as the terrain in which we discover that we are truly His beloved children.

The Path of Truth Vol. 56, No. 1 page 29.

No comments: