Monday 14 September 2009

Weekly Bible Quote 73 with commentary by the School of Truth

Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me - (Ps 50:15)
I trust God now, tomorrow and always


Appearances may become very frightening. They may threaten great suffering and death. Then we remember God's promise "Call upon Me and I will deliver you." All else abandons us. However long we have walked the path of Truth and however far we think we have advanced, the situation has come that forces us to the simple and great law of trust.

Truth is not learning about lots of things, it is learning a very few things very well: God is not separate from me, for Him all things are possible, I trust Him absolutely, therefore I dwell in the state of fearlessness called Love. The Psalmist puts it even more simply: "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want."

Do not wait for adversity to close in on you, forcing you to cry out "Lord, Lord." Start now to cultivate love and trust and a vision of All-in-all. Practise it in your everyday life, in things great and small. Learn to live with God so that you are never in doubt what to do in the day of trouble.

The Path of Truth Vol. 54, No. 1 page 37.

No comments: