Saturday 17 April 2010

Weekly Bible quote 98 from the School of Truth, read by andre

And other sheep I have which are not of this fold - (John 10:16)
I am tolerant towards the spiritual beliefs of my fellowmen

What crimes have been perpetrated in the name of religion! In the past men sought to impose their particular form of worship on their fellows with disasterous results. And even today there is not enough tolerance for the other man's creed, yet we cannot all expect to think alike. I may have been brought up to worship in one church and you in another. Some attend no church and yet are good people. Fortunate are those who have been brought up to accept the principles of Truth.

To you, God may seem nearest in a quiet garden, while He may seem closest to me in some great cathedral. As long as we feel our unity with Him what does it matter where we worship or what creed we follow? Why should you condemn me, or I you?

We must learn tolerance. Each of us has the form of religion necessary for his standard of spiritual growth.

The Path of Truth Sep/Oct 2009 page 228.

No comments: