Monday 30 August 2010

Weekly Bible quote 104, Schooll of Truth, read by andre

Always and for everything giving thanks in the name of our Lord Jesus-Christ to God the Father - ( Eph 5:20)
Gratitude and joy seal God's purpose in me

In times of difficulty - as we all experience - God's presence, the "Christ"-presence, may seem far away. Yet the Father never leaves you. He longs to help His child who is in trouble, but you must acknowledge Him, and there is no more direct way of doing it than simply to feel gratitude. Nothing in your predicament may seem to justify thanks, still you feel it.

"Dear Father, in this deep, dark valley I feel alone, yet Your presence abides in me and I thank You for it. Your hand reaching out and I grasp it. All is well. I am filled with joy."

Without darkness we should never know light. Every over-coming fulfils God's purpose in us. Every time we remain firm, insisting that God abides in us regardless of circumstances, we grow in stature as His children. Our gratitude and joy is His gratitude and joy, the surest possible sign that we fulfil our - and His - purpose.

The Path of Truth Vol. 53 No. 5 p. 295.

No comments: