Sunday 2 January 2011

Weekly Bible Quote 131, School of Truth, read by Andre

The Law of God is in his heart - (Ps 37:31)
My whole being I commit to God

It is our will, our desire, our hunger, to achieve that drives us to great heights. Many people may have the same skills as we but it is the quality of our feeling that makes the difference. To be complete in our endeavours we need both head and heart.

This is even more true when we need God to express through us. We may have sufficient intellectual grasp of Him but we also need trust, the courage to act. Without these God remains an idea in our minds, maybe a beautiful and sincere one, but nevertheless only an idea.

Our Father says to us "You are my beloved child with whom I am well pleased.." And if we would truly be His heirs we must acknowledge Him in thought and feeling. It is Divine law. We must say with our whole being "I will put my trust in Him."

The Path of Truth Vol. 50, No. 5, p. 301.

No comments: